Tuesday, July 27, 2010

STAN LEE's How To Draw Comics

STAN LEE's How To Draw Comics
~~ click on the image for bigger views ~~

Hello guys,

I am so happy to finally be able to reveal this sweet little gig I did a few months back. I was asked to draw a wraparound cover for the limited Hardcover edition of Stan Lee's new "How To Draw Comics".

STAN LEE!
The MAN!!!

I don't know what else to say... maybe "'nuff said"? :D

The Hardcover is published by Random House in collaboration with Dynamic Forces, has 224 pages, will be available in November and it will retail for $75. I think a paperback version will be available as well (I didn't do the cover for it though ;))

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © Francesco Francavilla 2010

6 comments:

John Matthew Stater said...

Had the old "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" when I was a kid. Loved it. Congrats on the cover!

Introverted One said...

That is great news! It is a beautiful cover!!! Can I just buy the cover art?!? :-)

Josh said...

fucking A right. I still own two copies of The Marvel Way. And with your cover I'll have to add this one to my shelf. What's the print size of the hardcover?

David LeVack said...

So John Buscemas art is not involved? Otherwise, good ole' snake oil salesman stan lee at it again.

mike said...

ooo... nice, man!

smoky man said...

bel colpo! well done Francesco!!!

smok!